Vacuum Suction is the mechanical method of lymphatic drainage, removing waste products and toxins from the skin, and effectively deep cleansing the skin.
The Vacuum suction machine has an electrically driven vacuum pump, connected to perspex or glass attachments, called ‘ventouse’, by flexible plastic tubing. . The pump draws in air from the ventouse, causing air pressure beneath to be reduced, and so forming a partial vacuum. This lifts the skin tissue underneath into the ventouse , The ventouse come in a variety of shapes. Vacuum suction, is very beneficial to wrinkled or mature skin, and to give a glowing skin. The tissue is compressed into the cup using a gliding or pulsation method of application, which aids the body in moving lymph fluid, nearer to the lymph nodes. This will be cleaned and filtered in the lymph nodes, improving the skins condition, and giving a glowing skin. The ventouse must be glided towards the nearest lymph nodes.
Effects of Vacuum Suction:
- Improves blood and lymph circulation
- Non medical swelling and puffiness is reduced
- Localised fatty deposits, can be softened
- Texture of the skin is improved due to exfoliation
- Improved circulation
- Reduces fine lines
- Increases skin sensation
- Improved skin condition
- Can remove comedones (blackheads)
- Aids in the removal of fatty cells, in particular when used in conjunction with a diet
- Gives a glowing skin